what motivated us to create layline.io were a number of real-life problems in the area of event-processing which were largely unaddressed by existing solutions. we deemed these issues so important, that we thought it is worthwhile addressing them.
- real-time volume to increase tenfold in the next few years.
- companies struggling to reap transactional value of real-time data (do something useful with it in the first 0-3 seconds)
- companies‘ system architectures solidly migrating to cloud architectures, without proper solutions to support this in all aspects.
- lack of actual products to support distributed real-time event processing, instead of having to create custom programmed solution based on development toolkits
- awesome streaming technology like akka and flink, which is missing to fill the gaps of actual streamed business logic in a configurable manner.
- lots more.